Welcome all new Residents to Violet
Our Non-Emergency business office number is 614.837.4123
Our Non-Emergency dispatch center number is 614.837.7345
The Violet Township Fire Department provides professional emergency medical and fire service utilizing a combination of full time, paid part time, and volunteer firefighters. This enables us to provide the staffing necessary to serve our community. Your fire department currently staffs three strategically located stations 24-hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year. ALL of our equipment is capable of providing Advanced Life Support to deal with any crisis or emergency. The Violet Township Fire Department responds to more than 5,000 fire and emergency medical calls each year.
Our service area is approximately 41 square miles, with a population of more than 39,000 residents. We participate in Mutual Aid contracts with all surrounding fire departments, and service the City of Pickerington, and portions of Canal Winchester and the City of Reynoldsburg. Our staff is highly trained, with our department logging over 10,000 hours of training annually.
In December 2015, our newest Insurance Services Organization (ISO) classifications are in and we came back even better than before! In Ohio, there are only 51 departments with an ISO rating of 2, and we came back with a 2/2Y rating which puts us in the top 1.8% of rated departments in Ohio! In the entire United States, there are only 1,060 departments within that rating, which puts us in the top 2.4% nationwide!
What this means for your home address:
- ISO rating 2 -applies to you if you live within 5 road miles of a recognized fire station AND within 1,000 feet of a hydrant or alternate water supply.
- ISO rating 2Y - applies to you if you live within 5 road miles of a recognized fire station, but not necessarily within 1,000 feet of a fire hydrant or alternate water supply.
If you were previously in areas without hydrants or an alternate water supply closer than 1,000 feet may have been classified as an ISO rating of 5-9. If you were within 1,000 feet of a hydrant or alternate water supply, your rating went from a 3 down to a 2. If you are not sure, please have a conversation with your homeowner's insurance agent to let them know we have the new rating, and to review the rating applied to your location.We are classified by the Insurance Services Office with a Class 2 ISO rating for all areas within 5 miles of a fire station and 1,000 feet from a hydrant; and ISO 2Y ISO Class Rating for all areas within Violet Township that may not be within 1,000 feet of a hydrant, but is within 5 miles of a fire station.
The Violet Township Fire Department is committed to exceeding our community's expectations
Provide world-class service to our community and our team through safety, education and innovation.
Integrity - do what is right
Humility - we value the opinions of others while remaining selfless and accountable
Professionalism - consistently performing at the highest standard
Compassionate - always show people we care
The Violet Township Fire Department provides inspection, public education, and life safety programs designed for preschoolers through senior citizens. The Violet Township Fire Department is also an American Heart Association Certified Training Center, and provides CPR/First Aid Instruction, from the Pediatric Level through the Healthcare Provider level.
You will find that most of our area lifeguards, daycare workers, doctors, nurses and the entire Pickerington Local School District athletic staff are certified by us annually.
We also provide:
- Free blood pressure checks
- Reflective address signs
- Juvenile Fire Setter Programs
- Fire Explorer program
- Certified American Heart Association CPR and First Aid Training
- Fire Inspection for adoptive/foster families and area businesses
- Fire extinguisher training
- Youth group tours and programs
- Providing medic vehicles and staff for special functions
We do many fun community activities such as:
- Passing out candy in local neighborhoods for Halloween
- Hosting an annual Open House
- Participation in the 4th of July, Violet Festival and Labor Day Celebration parades
- Fundraisers for a variety of groups and organizations
- Annual Holiday Toy Drive