DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of Township buildings (e.g., dusts surfaces of furniture and counters, railing, baseboards, etc.; empties wastebaskets; sweeps and mops floors; vacuums; cleans windows; waxes and polishes floors; operates buffer, power scrubber, wet-dry vacuum and carpet shampooer; etc.).
2. Cleans and sanitizes restroom areas in Township buildings (e.g., cleans and disinfects sinks and toilets; applies chemical cleaning agents; cleans windows; mops floors; empties trash; restocks toiletries and paper products; etc.); reports need for equipment repair to maintenance supervisor; documents restroom cleaning on form.
3. Takes inventory of cleaning supplies and other materials and requests supplies and materials be ordered accordingly.
4. Assists with setting up for events, as needed.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Township goals and objectives as related to position.
2. Township policies and procedures as related to position.
3. Safety practices and procedures.
4. General housekeeping practices.
1. Use of housekeeping equipment.
2. Light equipment operation.
1. Carry out instructions in written, oral, or picture form.
2. Perform basic addition and subtraction.
3. Complete routine forms.
4. Communicate effectively.
5. Recognize safety warnings.
6. Work alone on most tasks.
7. Utilize cleaning materials.
8. Travel to and gain access to work site.
Completion of secondary education or equivalent (high school diploma or GED) with ability to communicate effectively in written or verbal format; supplemented by knowledge of janitorial work or any combination of relevant education or experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General cleaning supplies such as broom, vacuum, mop, duster, floor buffer.
INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS OR PHYSICALLY DEMANDING WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, wet or humid conditions, working near moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is rarely exposed to vibration, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to _ pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and sit; the employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $19.00 per hour
- driver's license (Preferred)
Contact : View job and apply online at: